(US) Multiple Offices, Alternative Investments Attorney - Ice Miller
Description:Ice Miller is seeking an associate to join our Business practice group in any of our offices, with a strong preference for Columbus. We are seeking an attorney with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in Alternative Investments. The position involves representing institutional investors in their investments in and exits from the alternative asset class, across the full range of investment strategies and structures.
Client investments are primarily fund-based but also include separate account, fund of one, and direct and indirect co-investment structures. For certain clients we also advise on general investment management transactions outside of the alternative asset area. Our clients include US public pension plans and other governmental entities, insurance companies, banks, investment advisers, health systems, family offices, college and university endowments and high net worth investors.
In this position you will:
- Represent institutional investors including public pension plans, insurance companies, banks, and investment advisers.
- Advise clients on their alternative asset class investments and strategies beyond alternative assets
- Receive training opportunities with growing levels of responsibility
- Collaborate across practice groups and across offices
- Have opportunities for advancement in a collegial environment
- Have experience representing institutional investors or General Partner or investment manager-side experience
- Excel in a team environment
- Demonstrate a keen interest in developing and implementing relationship-building skills both internally and externally
- Have prior experiences that prepare them to work with attorneys, staff and clients from cultures and backgrounds different from their own
- Be highly motivated and a self-starter
- Be flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have excellent law school credentials and references
- Competitive salaries
- Quality benefits programs including an annual stipend to support attorneys’ interests and hobbies outside of the workplace
- Workplace flexibility
- One-on-One Career coaching and outstanding professional development opportunities and support