(MN) Maplewood, Business Counsel - 3M
3M is seeking a Business Counsel for the 3M Health Care Business Group, part of 3M Legal Affairs, located in Maplewood, Minnesota.
3M’s Office of General Counsel is hiring a Business Counsel to work with 3M’s Health Care Business Group. Duties will include working with 3M businesses to negotiate and draft complex commercial agreements, counseling on a wide range of commercial activities, and identifying opportunities to help 3M Health Care businesses grow while maintaining compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and 3M’s Business Conduct Policies. Substantive areas of law include healthcare, pharmaceutical or medical device development and manufacturing, privacy and security compliance, product liability, contract law, antitrust compliance, and legal issues related to product or service distribution, advertising, and promotional allowances. Experience in all these substantive legal areas is desirable but not essential. Candidates should be solution oriented and adaptable to working on a range of dynamic issues in a fast-moving environment.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
- Possess a Juris Doctorate (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited law school
- Minimum of five (5) years of law firm or in-house legal experience
- Minimum one (1) year of data privacy experience in a private, public, government, or military environment
- Strong academic credentials
- Eight years of relevant law firm or in-house experience
- Federal Healthcare Law experience, including Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act and Stark Law
- Legal experience in pharmaceutical or medical device development and manufacturing
- Government contracting experience
- FDA Law experience
- Experience working with HIPAA and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Legal experience in data privacy with an understanding of other legal issues arising out of information technology.
- Business acumen and an ability to provide legal and compliance advice in the context of strategic business initiatives and goals.
- Experience and/or a willingness to develop a high level of competence in the areas of antitrust, product liability, contract law, and legal compliance training
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills, with an ability to communicate and relate at all levels of the organization including business line leaders, regional heads and senior management
- Results-orientated approach, including the ability to complete projects; personal and organizational accountability; and a collegial work style
- High energy and a dedication to responsive client service