(MN) Maplewood, M&A Counsel - 3M
Description:The successful candidate will serve in the position of Counsel, M&A (“Counsel”) for the Company. In this role, the candidate will work in close collaboration with other lawyers in the Corporate & Securities Group and corporate development staff, along with other corporate functional experts in antitrust, IP, compliance, privacy, employee benefits, environmental, product liability, finance, and integration, and participate on cross-functional, global teams to provide legal support on various acquisition and portfolio management projects to support the growth of 3M.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school (completed and verified prior to start)
- Minimum of six (6) years of demonstrated experience in acquisitions and divestitures in a private, public, government or military environment
- Strong academic credentials
- Admitted to practice in Minnesota or eligible for admission within six months of employment.
- At least 10 years of legal experience in all aspects of due diligence, risk assessment, drafting and negotiating transaction documents for acquisitions and divestitures.
- Understanding of and firsthand legal experience in advising clients in a diversified and highly matrixed business environment.
- Developed sense of judgment, risk management skills and ability to balance business needs, regulatory obligations and reputational risks in an objective, practical way; demonstrated ability to both grasp the "big picture” and attend to details.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced business environment and drive complex projects to completion.
- Highly developed analytical and legal research skills; highly effective written and verbal communications skills; ability to communicate and relate at all levels of the organization.
- Results-orientated approach; personal and organizational accountability.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within a team environment and a collegial work style.
- High energy and dedication to responsive client service.
- Reputation for integrity and ability to balance business partnership with the need to exercise independent judgment.