(NY) New York, Associate Counsel - Cyber Security & Third Party Lifecycle Management - American Express
Description:As a member of the Technology and Digital Law Group of the General Counsel’s Organization, the Associate Counsel will provide legal support to technology, business and legal colleagues related to cyber security and third party lifecycle management legal issues.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with colleagues around the world on cutting edge cyber security and third party lifecycle management legal issues.
- Provide legal support and strategic advice to the IT Risk function and Third Party Lifecycle Management program, including supporting our information security team, enterprise incident response program, third party due diligence and ongoing oversight program, and regulatory exam management team
- Draft and negotiate cyber security contract requirements on a global basis
- Advise on global cyber security and third party lifecycle management regulatory requirements and trends and assist with lobbying efforts related to proposed legislation
- Review new products and services to ensure compliance with cyber security and third party lifecycle management requirements
- Minimum Qualifications:
- J.D. with admission to practice law in the United States; admission to the New York Bar in good standing or eligibility to do so is preferred
- 2+ years of work experience involving cyber security and third party oversight issues in a law firm and/or in-house corporate legal environment
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Strong interest and/or experience in digital products and emerging technology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrated experience in gaining credibility, managing expectations, and developing strong working relationships with legal colleagues and clients