(CA) San Francisco, Legal Fellow - Salesforce
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
The Salesforce Legal Team delivers innovative, trusted and world-class legal services to advance and protect Salesforce's interests while creating a fulfilling work environment for our Legal family.
The Legal Fellow will play a key role in supporting salesforce.com 's U.S. Sales and Professional Services organizations in structuring commercial transactions, and drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Negotiate and draft master subscription agreements, professional services agreements and other types of agreements with customers in support of U.S. Sales and Professional Services organizations
- Partner with revenue recognition, sales operations, technology operations, and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes
- Partner with Sales and other internal business constituents throughout the customer lifecycle to ensure customer success and protection of salesforce.com
- Undergraduate degree and a law degree from highly regarded schools
- 5-10 years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department including experience negotiating and drafting technology license/Internet service agreements and professional services agreements
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Sense of humor
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-based and demanding work environment
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients
- Familiarity with, or willingness to learn, technical concepts in Web applications
- Sound and practical business judgment
- Substantive expertise in intellectual property law
- Substantial experience in supporting sales departments as an internal client