(US) Negotiable, Compliance & Ethics Counsel Manager, Data Privacy - Accenture
Description:Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture's or our clients' business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
The Compliance & Ethics Counsel Manager, Data Privacy is a full-time manager role to be filled by a qualified lawyer with at least 5 years’ relevant experience in the data privacy (DP) field. The role is part of the Data Privacy team in Legal and supports the Accenture Data Protection Officer (DPO) and Geographic Units (GU) Privacy & Security Leads. The role reports to the Compliance & Ethics Counsel Associate Director, who is Accenture’s Data Protection Officer. Individuals with relevant data privacy experience at a global company in the technology and IT sector are preferred.
- Advise on and manage DP programs and activities
- Understand the triggers and requirements for performing DP activities and processes for executing these (for example, privacy reviews, Data Protection Impact Assessments and recording of processing activities) and manage and perform such activities
- Provide advice to the GU Privacy & Security Leads, on how to support client facing and internal teams on DP activities such as contract negotiations, new offerings, internal projects, client contracts, M&A activity, individual complaints and requests for exercise of individual rights and on IS activities
- Participate in the management of data security incidents in accordance with Accenture processes, in alignment with other relevant stakeholders (for example as advised or requested by Accenture’s Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT))
- Manage and maintain required processes for the Data Privacy Center of Excellence
- Support the DPO in driving DP risk management and improvement
- Work with stakeholders (e.g. Information Security (IS), account teams, other corporate functions) on DP law, compliance and risks as required (for example by providing input on any changes to scope in controls or processes required as a result of new local laws)
- Manage the handling of individual rights requests
- Implement essential elements of the GDPR and other DP laws by inputting into policies, plans and processes
- Provide DP support for global information systems
- Recognize and appropriately deal with conflicts of interest and other concerns
- Be involved in DP regulatory and auditory requirements
- Monitor compliance by reviewing information provided by central audit and monitoring teams (for example Internal Audit and Security Assessments team); assist GU Privacy & Security Leads in interpreting such information
- Manage requests from regulators – information, inspection, audit – and any enforcement action
- Advise GU Privacy & Security Leads in ensuring that local filings/notifications of systems and data processing are maintained and any required authorizations obtained
- Manage training and awareness
- Provide input into global and local DP training and awareness programs as requested by the DPO
- Support the DPO in requiring GU Privacy & Security Leads to actively promote local engagement (including with senior leadership) on DP topics, for example by delivering training and awareness programs based on globally packaged materials
- Actively foster and promote a DP culture within the organization
- Be able to speak knowledgably on DP to client facing and internal teams and direct their queries appropriately and be able to speak at external conferences and events
- Keep up to date with DP topics such as regulatory guidance and enforcement action, activities of relevant industry and standards associations etc.
- Report on Accenture’s global DP programs
- Advise the DPO and GU Privacy & Security Leads in reporting on agreed DP topics to leadership, local boards, and regulators as required
- Proactively raise trends, potential threats, concerns or other information within Legal, IS and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Law degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ DP experience
- CIPP, CIPM, CIPT, CISSP and/or CISM preferred or willingness to obtain within a short period
- Experience in DP program design and management
- Strong expertise in European and other DP laws and practices and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR
- Strong legal advice and drafting skills in a data privacy role
- Project management experience
- Experience in preparing and delivering trainings
- Experience working with fragmented data to report meaningful metrics and identify actionable insights
- Experience with privacy and security risk assessment and best practices, privacy certifications/seals, and information security standards certifications
- Professional Skills:
- Integrity and high professional ethics
- Passionate about the data protection and privacy domain
- Ability to handle information and business affairs with secrecy and confidentially as appropriate
- Demonstrated experience of communicating effectively with leadership, business teams, data subjects, data protection authorities and other controllers and processors across national boundaries and cultures
- English language proficiency – other languages may be an advantage (in particular Spanish or Portuguese) (for example, in order to be able to communicate with regulators)
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.