(MA) Boston, Contract Associate Manager - Accenture
Description:Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
- Provides support to the Contract Management team or directly to the Client Engagement team to enable the administration of government, international and commercial contracts and subcontracts in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and customer requirements. Responsible for tracking and monitoring contract changes, deliverables, correspondence and risks, and maintaining associated documentation.
- Participates in Contract Management and Project Management teams to support contract and subcontract compliance
- Generates reports required to monitor contract compliance
- Responsible for ensuring that where Contract Management is deployed, contract compliance is maintained and issues resolved. If the contract is not complied with or issues are not resolved they must be promptly escalated to their Contract Management line manager
- Identifies contract management issues and proposes solutions for approval
- Provides negotiation support as required
- Independently works at smaller engagements or works within team at a large, complex engagement; may work within a service center administrative function
- Independently applies the contract management tools and techniques to assigned projects
- Supports training activities for Contract Management personnel
- Complexity and engagement size will be more significant than for Level 9 personnel
- Active engagement in regional CM initiatives.
- Serve as the daily point of contact on the account; this will yield the following responsibilities:
- Manage the account mailbox and delegate, by complexity to the appropriate team member, all SOW/CO/WO reviews and contract interpretation requests that come into the mailbox. Additionally, ensure maintenance of the 2 business day review metric for the SOW/CO/WOs that are received;
- To serve as an escalation point to the other team members on the account;
- To provide coaching and training to the offshore team members, working to develop consistencies in reviews and communications to the internal client and account leadership;
- To support the localization of SOWs as needed to ensure compliance with Policy 68.
- College degree required
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the contract management/procurement/legal/finance field
- Advanced degree in business, contract management, law or engineering preferred.
- Membership in the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and professional certification are a plus
- Understands basic contracting principles
- Specialized subject matter expertise
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Accenture policy and Contract and Commercial Management Processes preferred
- Detail-oriented, organized, flexible
- Able to set priorities and juggle multiple demands
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to apply sound business judgment
- Ability to act as a temporary back-up for a project Contract Manager
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian