(UK) London, Transaction Contracting Manager - Accenture
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Corporate Functions and you will become part of a diverse team which offers the essential expertise that enables all of our employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Our Corporate Functions professionals work in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Communications, CIO, Information Security, and Geographic Services.
Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
You will lead the contracting support for transaction deals within a defined regional subset (“Scope of Control”). A “Transaction deal” for these purposes has a detailed definition which in summary incorporates deals under $10M within a particular range of complexity. The Transaction Contracting Counsel will be required to supervise a pipeline within the Scope of Control consisting of a high volume of lower complexity deals; typically, within a range of 1,500 to 4,000 deals per annum.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Reviews, drafts, and negotiates a large number of the most demanding transaction deals within a corporate environment
- Advise Senior Leadership on legal risks associated with transactions
- Manage and advise on all Transaction Contracting Professionals in scope of control and more junior legal professionals in day-to-day business
- Proactively manages the pipeline and staffing profiles of Transaction deals within control
- Following transition, you will serve as the nominated point of contact for all transaction work within the scope of control
- Establish strong working relationships with key Accenture Executives in pipeline constituent groups in Operating Groups and Growth Platforms
- Effectively collaborate with Complex Contracting Leads to determine appropriate match of demand and supply
- Managing the demand and supply across the Scope of Control to effectively leverage all Legal resources, including off-shore
- Significant appropriate industry experience
- Experience of contracting experience in an appropriate fast-paced corporate environment is essential
- Minimum experience of supervising a team of professionals in a contracting environment
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced legal or corporate consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing environment (selling organization preferred)
- Experience negotiating Intellectual Property issues
- Proven ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions
- Qualified Solicitor with PQE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent