(MN) Maplewood, Trademark Policing Counsel - 3M
Description:3M is seeking a Trademark Policing Counsel for the Trademark Group located at our global headquarters in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M seeks a Trademark Counsel to assist in protecting some of 3M’s most famous and valuable brands.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Policing and enforcing 3M’s trademarks.
- Evaluating threats to 3M’s brands and analyzing trademark watch reports.
- Preparing demand letters.
- Drafting agreements relating to trademark enforcement and protection.
- Preparing trademark oppositions and engaging with third parties to resolve trademark disputes.
- Negotiating contracts representing 3M interests with third parties.
- Executing litigation support and counterfeit enforcement.
- Developing and executing strategies to protect the company’s intellectual property.
- Acting as direct contact for business clients, legal colleagues, and outside counsel.
- Identifying and executing process improvement initiatives relating to the above.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from accredited university
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school
- Minimum of one (1) year law firm and/or in-house trademark experience
- Admitted to practice in Minnesota or eligible for admission within six months of employment
- Strong academic credentials
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant law firm or in-house trademark experience
- Business acumen and an ability to provide legal and compliance advice in the context of strategic business initiatives and goals
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills, with an ability to communicate and relate at all levels of the organization including business line leaders, regional heads, and senior management
- Results-orientated approach; personal and organizational accountability; and a collegial work style
- Uncompromising honesty and integrity
- Top third of the class ranking in law school and undergraduate