(CA) Los Angeles, Contract Manager - Accenture
Description:NOTE: This is an anticipated opening. Candidates applying for this posting will be placed in a pool to be submitted to Accenture when/if the job is opened.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high-performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
The Contract Manager provides on-site advice to Accenture’s business/client units and project teams on contract management and policy compliance matters. They are responsible for initiating, tracking and monitoring contract changes, deliverables, correspondence and risks, and maintaining associated documentation. They enable the management of government, international, commercial contracts and subcontracts in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and customer requirements.
- Responds to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
- Identifies risks and issues, suggests alternatives that lead to the best solution
- Reviews and manages contractual obligations of the parties and provides continual review to ensure that all terms and conditions are met
- Prepares and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, etc.
- Responsible for consultation and escalation to a senior director, of contractual, business or CM positioning issues which are not solved satisfactorily by the project team in a timely manner
- Responsible for implementation of CM processes
- Manages daily workload of assigned Contract Management personnel and project or business personnel assisting with the contract management function
- Acts as the primary contact between the project team and/or business unit and Legal, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly
- Acts as liaison between Accenture and clients/vendors
- Responsible for assigned Contract Management, project or business personnel adhering to company policies and procedures
- Responsible for informing the project team of the requirements of the contract and monitoring compliance
- Develops and integrates contract management tools, templates, methods and processes for the engagement
- Achieves a reasonable level of understanding of Accenture's major business areas (System Integration and/or Outsourcing) in order to communicate effectively with project Senior Executives and provide relevant advice. May provide training to Contract Management personnel
- May lead Tier 2 (Portfolio) or Tier 3 (Service Center) structures
- May lead small OG sub-teams in country/regions where each OG has less than five assigned Contract Management professionals
- Actively involved in regional and global Contract Management initiatives
- Minimum 6 years' contract management experience
- Minimum Bachelors' degree
- Minimum 3 years' of contract negotiation skills
- Minimum 3 years' experience working on Information Technology outsourcing projects/clients in a contract management role.
- Post-award hands-on contract management experience with a mix of government and commercial experience
- Able to resolve contract and pricing issues
- Able to advise and interact with all levels of management
- Able to demonstrate excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Experience with day-to-day management of complex outsourcing arrangements
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software, Outlook Email, Instant Messaging preferred
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.