(UK) London, GCS Control Room Surveillance - Barclays
Description:Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website (https://www.home.barclays/about-barclays.html) for more information.
Compliance operates as one team to drive the right customer outcomes and protect the integrity of the financial services markets through innovation. Please visit our website9https://www.home.barclays/careers/our-roles/organisational-governance.html) for more information.
Overall purpose of role: The Control Room Surveillance Group AVP will be based in London, United Kingdom and report to the EMEA Head of Control Room Surveillance. He or she will focus on monitoring and enhancing the Control Room Surveillance program for EMEA across the Barclays enterprises in all monitored regions, in accordance with relevant regulatory and legal requirements, firm policies and industry best practices. This role is a replacement head count
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
Key specific accountabilities:
- The role holder will lead, oversee and manage robust reviews of Firm-wide information barrier surveillance
- Utilize industry and regulatory expertise to identify and escalate potential breaches of regulatory rules and the misuse of MNPI
- Manage the development, drafting and integration of processes and procedures
- This role holder will liaise regularly with other Compliance and Risk areas, including the other GCS Global Surveillance functions, Product Compliance and other areas as required.
- The individual should have good communication skills, ability to interact and work with the business.
- The role holder should be able to quickly understand and interchange with a variety of product and technical areas.
- The individual should have an assertive and confident manner and also be a team player.
- The role holder is required to understand the risk and control associated with information barrier surveillance.
- The role requires ability to assist and contribute to designing and developing complex surveillance models that have a strong focus on information barrier breaches.
- The role requires the role holder to be able to define criteria and help create models utilizing business and statistical concepts for logic functionality.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- 4 year undergraduate degree or international equivalent;
- 3_ years of experience working with investigations / findings within compliance advisory groups or similar compliance function;
- Strong surveillance experience in an Investment Bank or Regulator preferred;
- Good understanding of UK regulatory requirement;
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task multiple priorities and responsibilities;
- Strong analytical and communication skills, as well as a professional demeanor and have strong character; and
- Ablity to work independently, as well as in a team environment and possesses the Barclays values.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.