(WA) Redmond, Attorney, C&E - Microsoft
Description:The world is witnessing an explosion in data as well as new technologies to harness and analyze that data. Do Big Data technology and the effects of the Big Data phenomenon excite you? We are looking for an attorney to provide strategic legal support to the Data Group in Microsoft’s Cloud and Enterprise engineering group. The Data Group is on a pioneering mission to reinvent modern information supply and management. As legal support, you will be partnering with clients to build the information supply chain for business enterprises, enabling Microsoft customers to discover, create, curate, transform, analyze and share volumes of data and to help them drive and manage their business in ways not otherwise possible.
- Providing creative and proactive counseling on a broad range of complex legal, business and policy issues for clients engaged in implementing Microsoft’s vision of a comprehensive big data platform, including new business model development and open source and regulatory compliance.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of legal agreements in coordination with business development and engineering teams, including development agreements, collaboration agreements and intellectual property acquisitions.
- Partner with engineering and regulatory affairs teams to develop policies and best practices related to legal and regulatory issues that affect the business.
- Build strong client relationships and become a trusted advisor to the business.
- Drive process related improvements.
The above description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed by the successful candidate. The actual duties and responsibilities may vary in line with business imperatives.