(WA) Seattle, Corporate Counsel - Amazon Corporate Legal Department
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon’s legal department.
We are looking for talented attorneys to support our rapidly growing and evolving Kindle, Web Services and Retail businesses. You will serve as the primary lawyer responsible for counseling the business on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters and structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic deals , providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
Principal duties include structuring, drafting and negotiating complicated technology, distribution, licensing, marketing and other commercial agreements and providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property, digital media and regulatory compliance. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
· Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and membership in one state bar is required.
· 4+ years of legal experience as a transactional legal counsel, preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions.
· 3+ years experience in a top national or international law firm is required.
· A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong analytical and computer skills
· Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Every day across the world we develop the ideas, the services and the products that make life easier for tens of millions of customer, and make good things happen faster. From providing Earth’s Biggest Selection of products to developing ground breaking software and devices that change entire industries. Amazon is a place of invention and progressive thinking.