(WA) Seattle, Corporate Counsel, Digital Video - Amazon Corporate Legal Department
Description:Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon’s legal department.
We are looking for a talented attorney to support our rapidly growing and evolving Kindle and Digital businesses. You will serve as the primary lawyer responsible for counseling the business on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters and structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
Principal duties include structuring, drafting and negotiating complicated technology, distribution, licensing, marketing and other commercial agreements and providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property, digital media and regulatory compliance. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
· Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and membership in one state bar is required.
· 4+ years of legal experience as a transactional legal counsel, preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions.
· 3+ years experience in a top national or international law firm is required.
· A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong analytical and computer skills
· Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor